CM Punk says he is addressing “The Suzuki Incident” on today’s AEW Dynamite.
For those who missed it, The Suzuki Incident refers to AEW fans excited about Minoro Suzuki’s entry into the recent Dynamite Main Event with Jon Moxley, who won the match for his homecoming. The entrance is cut to prevent fans from singing the name of the song, “Kazi Ni Nare”, as they often do. Suzuki usually enters the ring as fans sing “Kazi Ni Nare” along with the song, but the music stopped and Moxley started his entry before the moment could happen.
Fans immediately took to Twitter and The Suzuki incident was born as the thing quickly went viral, leading to dozens of memes making the rounds on social media.
In an update, Punk took to Twitter and said he would address the controversy while working on Dynamite’s comments tonight.
“I will address the Suzuki incident. You are welcome,” he wrote.
There’s still no word on what match punk commentators will do for the evening. He started a quarrel with Team Taz over Dynamite last week, but they are not known for these matches as of this writing.
Stay tuned for more on today’s AEW Dynamite and be sure to visit us for live coverage at 8pm ET. Below is the current lineup, along with Punk’s entire tweet:
* Dan Lambert takes on a Tough Guy Challenge
* Eddie Kingston and Jon Moxley vs. 2point0
* Lance Archer and Minoru Suzuki pose a challenge to Jon Moxley
* CM Punk commented
* Matt Hardy continues his fight with Orange Cassidy
* Shawn Spears vs. Darby Allin
* Leyla Hirsch vs. Jade Cargill
* Adam Cole makes AEW in ring debut against Frankie Kazarian
* Bryan Danielson addresses AEW world champion Kenny Omega