Find a COVID-19 Vaccine: search vaccines.gov, text your zip code to 438829, or call 1-800-232-0233 to find places near you.
Information about COVID-19 vaccines for older adults
You can help protect yourself and those around you when a vaccine is available.
- studies show that COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective In preventing serious illness from COVID-19.
- You cannot get COVID-19 from the vaccine.
- Depending on what type of COVID-19 vaccine you get, you may need a second shot 3 or 4 weeks after your first shot.
Some people have side effects after getting the vaccine. Common side effects include:
- pain, redness, or swelling where you get your shot
- head ache
- muscle pain
- Getting nausea
These are common signs that your body is building up protection against COVID-19. learn more about What to expect after getting your COVID-19 vaccine.
You won’t be charged for the COVID-19 vaccine
COVID-19 Vaccination Provider Can not:
- charge for the vaccine
- charge you any administration fees, copies, or co-insurance
- refuse vaccinations to someone who does not have health insurance coverage, is underinsured, or is out of network
- If the only service provided is a COVID-19 vaccination, charge the recipient an office visit or other fee
- a person needs additional services to receive the COVID-19 vaccine; However, additional health services may be provided at the same time and billed as appropriate.
COVID-19 Vaccination Provider can do:
Scam Alert: If someone asks you to pay for access to a vaccine, you can bet it’s a scam. If someone promises you access to a vaccine for an additional fee, do not share your personal or financial information.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. The facts and opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of knews.uk and knews.uk does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.