Spices warned of possible ‘bad collection’ after three people died in Newcastle and 11 were taken to hospital in the Cleveland area.
Earlier, a Cleveland police spokesman said that people who had been taken to the hospital could have become ill because of the spices, although this was not confirmed.
The spokesman said: “Due to the large number of people in the hospital, the situation is being investigated, but it is especially strong or bad.
People who take drugs must be aware of them, stop using them and seek immediate medical attention if they are unhealthy.
Support services are available for drug users and their families to seek help and treatment to stop using illegal substances.
In the last 24 hours in Newcastle, three deaths have been linked to drug use.
A spokesman for the Newcastle City Council said: “In the last 24 hours, we have been informed of the deaths of three people associated with the use of spices in Newcastle.
Although we do not know the type or brand, there may be a very dangerous or toxic group, especially in distribution.
“No medicine is safe and we advise people not to use ingredients and spices. Because these drugs are so effective and hygienic, you will never know what they are using and the effects of mixing with other drugs or alcohol.