Instead the first lady and president Joe Biden Take an unusual mid-week break from Washington DC and spend the day relaxing at your beach house in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.
The president, who has publicly endured great tragedy, has credited his wife for his personal happiness and professional success.
And as Dr. Biden celebrates his birthday, here are 70 facts about him.
1. Jill Biden was born as Jill Tracy Jacobs.
2. His father, Donald Jacobs, was a former World War II naval signalman who became a bank teller and eventually president of one. Pennsylvania Bank.
3. The family of his mother, Bonnie Jean Godfrey, ran a Rexall drugstore in Camden, New Jersey, where he is Parents Met when his father ordered an ice cream.
4. As a girl she says she will move out of her house and sneak into the Upper Moreland Swim Club in suburban Philadelphia to take a dip.
5. He once punched a neighborhood gangster who had harassed his sister Bonnie Jacobs, knocked on her door and punched her in the face.
6. She became a big fan of the Philadelphia Flyers NHL ice hockey team, but also supports the city’s Eagles and Phillies.
7. As a youth he spent the summer waiting tables at restaurants on the New Jersey coast.
8. After high school, she briefly studied fashion merchandising at a junior college in Pennsylvania, according to Vogue magazine.
9. She modeled for an agency in Wilmington, Delaware to earn some extra money before meeting Joe Biden. “I must have done five jobs where you get paid, like, 20 bucks,” she said the trend. “But I was not a model.”
10. Joe and Jill Biden were set up on a blind date and told the trend That after it was over he called his mother and said “Mom, I have finally met a gentleman”.
11. He was not her first husband. She was previously married at the age of 18 to Bill Stevenson, whom she divorced in 1975.
12. She was surprised when Joe first asked her at a much later date, tweeting: “How did you get this number?”
“Those were the first words I spoke to Joe when he called me out on a Saturday in 1975 out of the blue.”
13. It’s not easy to pin her down – Jill has previously said that Joe Biden had to propose five times before agreeing to marry her.
14. Perhaps explaining her fascination with the teaching profession, she is the eldest of five sisters.
15. She was a rock for Yo, who met him after the death of his first wife and his daughter, Naomi. “He gave me his life back,” said Joe in his memoir promises to keep. “It made me start thinking that my family might be complete again.”
16. She let Joe’s sons Hunter and Beau choose the name of their daughter, Ashley, who was born in 1981.
17. She taught English at Rockford Center Psychiatric Hospital, and worked in public schools for 13 years.
18. Jill’s students refer to her as “Dr. B”, and she also takes a thumbs-up for her teaching – with reviews from Rate My Professor suggesting that most students will take her class again – but Cautioning that he is a tough grader.
19. As the second woman, when Joe Biden was vice president Barack Obama Between 2009 and 2017, she prepared her security service details as students when they went to class with her.
20. And she really loves her job – she doesn’t just work as a teacher, it’s who she is according to one of her tweets from 2020.
21. She is the first woman in history to have a paid job outside the White House.
22. He is officially Dr. Biden. He earned his doctorate in education from the University of Delaware in 2007.
23. He has written several children’s books. Don’t forget, God bless our soldiers was published in 2012, while Joy: The Story of Joe Biden Posted in 2020.
24. His Memoirs Where the Light Enters: Creating a Family, Exploring the Self was published in 2012 and became a new York Times best seller.
25. She shares seven grandchildren with Joe, and has been described as “very mischievous” by one of her granddaughters, Naomi
26. Along with his doctorate, he holds two master’s degrees – in education and in English.
27. She is a keen runner and has previously participated in charity races, regularly running miles a day for exercise.
28. She ran her first marathon, the Marine Corps Marathon, in 1998 in 4:30:32.
29. She didn’t like being called the “other woman.” In a 2016 interview with Seth Meyers, she joked that she would be called “captain of the sub-squad.”
30. In 2016, she appeared as a special guest danger Presenting the final clue in a Washington DC episode of the show featuring teachers.
31. He is not a natural public speaker. During her time as Second Lady, she told Marie Claire: “The more you do it, the easier it gets, but I always want to be prepared, and I always practice my speeches; I do it.” Never does it off the cuff.”
32. Jill has a strong record of supporting military families and resolved to continue to do so as First Lady.
33. She’s Happy To Do A Little Internet Trolling Donald TrumpShe has earlier shared some cheeky tweets targeting her husband’s ex-rival.
34. Jill is having some serious mask sport – she was featured at various events during the pandemic with a decorative face mask, including a campaign trail that simply said “Vote.”
35. Despite wearing some chic outfits since becoming First Lady, Jill reportedly has a policy of no comment on her sartorial choices.
36. But it is known that her inaugural evening dress was created in New York by Uruguayan designer Gabriella Hearst and featured federal flowers from every US state and territory and Delaware flowers located at heart level.
37. People love Jill Biden’s scrunchie and she doesn’t know why. The first lady’s hair accessory of choice was a hot topic of conversation when she shared a photo of herself wearing a light-pink scrunchie at a store. She later told Kelly Clarkson in an interview: “You know, my daughter called me right after I left that store and said, ‘Mom, everyone’s talking about this scrunchie.’ I said, ‘What scrunchie?’ I didn’t know what she was talking about. I still can’t figure it out.”
38. She has many fans – among them her own pets. She tells Clarkson that the couple’s dogs, Champ and Major, follow them. “They like to be wherever we are. Even if my door is closed, they’re sitting right outside the door, like ‘Let me in! Let me in!'”
39. And she told Clarkson on the talk show Entertainer from the White House that she “maybe want to have a martini and some french fries” when the pandemic is finally over.
40. Jill and Joe have some strong doubles goals. Married for 44 years, Joe named Jill the love of his life in a Valentine’s Day Instagram post.
41. The president also says that his wife’s favorite day of the year is Valentine’s Day, and he asked the White House carpenter to install decorations on the lawn this year.
42. Despite being a huge teaching fan, Jill took a break from the profession during her husband’s presidential campaign.
43. You want him in your corner. During a Biden campaign rally in 2020, Jill herself took care of a heckler — helping the man out of the event. When asked about it later, she explained “I’m a good Philly girl”. At another event, Jill jumps in front of Joe to save him from the protesters.
44. She’ll take you for Wawa. During the 202 campaign, Jill shared photos from various food pit stops, which explain her love for Wawa and other fast food joints.
45. Unlike her husband, Jill was not raised Catholic. She became a part of the Presbyterian Church as a teenager but attends Catholic services with Joe.
46. She loves a prank. He lied to White House reporters on April Fools’ lies by dressing up as flight attendants and serving them ice cream; And when she was the other woman she once hid in an overhead bin of Air Force Two.
She wrote in her 2019 memoir, “I’ve always believed that you have to steal the happy moments when you can.”
47. Earlier this year Jill’s life story was turned into a 22-page comic book women force Series released by Tidalwave Comics.
48. She carries a custom Valentino Rockstud handbag adorned with her first initials “J,” along with painted portraits of her German Shepherd, Champ and Major.
49. Jill and Joe Biden bought their $2.7m beach house in 2017 near the Delaware resort town of Rehoboth Beach. It has a swimming pool that overlooks Cape Henlopen State Park, and is just a few blocks from the Atlantic Ocean.
50. Jill will spend her 70th birthday at her family beach house in Delaware and it will be her first visit to her home since her husband was sworn in in January.
51. She shares photos of the couple on Instagram, and has 3.4 million followers on the social media site.
52. Jill was the host of the first White House Summit on Community Colleges during her time as Second Lady and remains passionate.
53. She says she is a “very healthy eater” who tries to “find fresh fruits and vegetables” and always has almonds and water on hand.
54. She was interviewed by The Food Network star Ina Garten in September 2020 for a “Cocktails and Conversations” fundraiser for her husband’s campaign.
55, Jill Told the parade Magazine that one of the meals she prepares for her family is chicken parmesan, which she serves with rigatoni pasta and green salad.
56. While the president doesn’t drink, Jill enjoys a glass of wine when she cooks, red instead of white, says CNN.
57. Jill tells TV cook Rachel Ray that on Christmas Eve she makes her own ice cream Sunday bar for her family
58. She still takes barre and spin classes and weights and makes time to workout “whether at 6.30 in the morning or 6.30 at night,” she said Self magazine.
59. She and the then First Lady in 2011 Michelle Obama Launched the Joining Forces campaign to help veterans and military spouses with career opportunities.
60. Jill’s Secret Service codename as First Lady is the same as she was at the time of Second Lady, Capri.
61. During the pandemic she said she missed “the scent of a new notebook or a freshly waxed floor” at the start of the new school year.
62. When the Democratic Party leadership came to her home in 2003 to persuade her husband to run for the White House, she said she outgrew the group in a bikini with “no” written in the marker on her belly.
63. When the students ask her if she is married to then-Vice President Joe Biden, Jill will tell them that she is one of their relatives.
64. In her memoir, Jill called Hunter Biden “the heart of our family in many ways” and strongly defended him from attacks on his business deals.
65. She has been friends with actor Jennifer Garner “for years and years” and joined her on a school trip to the star’s home state of West Virginia last month. They have both served on the board of the Save the Children charity.
66. He also has a close friendship with former First Lady Michelle Obama, and in February she was sent a care package of vegetables from the kitchen garden of the White House.
67. Jill also has a long friendship Prince Harry, after meeting him for the first time in 2013 when he went to Washington DC for a reception in honor of American and British soldiers. Jill then flew to London for the 2014 Invictus Games, and the pair have since been seen together at events.
68. Joe Biden reveals his nickname for his wife is “Jeely” as he paid her a loving tribute on the morning of his inauguration.
69. Despite social media claims, Jill did not pose for a photo with Fidel Castro on a trip to Cuba during the Obama administration. Reuters says the photo was actually of the late dictator with Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl and his wife Jacqueline Beer.
70. Jill is a fan of poet Amanda Gorman and convinced the opening committee that she would be the perfect fit for the event. In January she became the youngest poet to write and read her work at an inauguration and it brought her international fame.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. The facts and opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of knews.uk and knews.uk does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.