full time, Melbourne
about the role
Polaris Media (publisher of The Australian Jewish News & Property Weekly) wants to elevate our digital presence and relevant digital content while maintaining the high-quality journalism and community engagement we’ve built our reputation on over the past 125 years.
We are looking for a passionate and resourceful entry-level journalist (Level 1 or Cadet based on education and experience) to be a part of our multiplatform publication, write and produce content for our newspapers, magazines, website and social media channels.
We want a newscaster and self-starter who can write articles and create digital content for short periods of time.
Our ideal candidate should have an interest in tough news, politics, and community issues, while also having the flexibility to work across arts and lifestyle rhythms. A background/qualification in journalism would be highly appreciated.
Main job responsibilities
- Print and web articles, social media posts, on-camera/off-camera interviews, etc. to improve the delivery of Australian Jewish News to the community and customers. Produce informative digital and print content in the form of
- Write and produce weekly news stories focusing on Australia’s vibrant Jewish community.
- Produce engaging digital and print content for Australian Jewish News and Polaris Media’s suite of magazines and special projects.
- Work on Australian Jewish News’ Magazines Calendar and Special projects and meet deadlines for both digital and print publications.
- Provide insight and best practice solutions to build a younger audience and maintain regular engagement with vibrant local Jewish communities.
We offer a fast-paced and nurturing work environment with a tight-knit editorial team delivering the highest quality content for one of the most influential community news organizations in Australia and one of the most respected Jewish news publishers in the world.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Zeddy Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free sign up