Team news and statistics ahead of Dinamo Zagreb vs West Ham in the Europa League group stage on Thursday; kick-off 17.45.
West ham summer signings Alphonse Areola, Kurt Zouma and Alex Kral could make their debut for the club in Zagreb.
Club captain Mark Noble, Ryan Fredericks, Issa Diop, Manuel Lanzini and Andriy Yarmolenko could all be a few minutes under their belt in Croatia.
Defender Arthur Masuaku (knee) remains the only injury to the Hammers.
Dinamo Zagreb will be without goalkeeper Dominik Livakovic, which means that Danijel Zagorac should be the deputy. Striker Mario Gavranovic and defender Dino Peric are also out, but captain Arijan Ademi is back.
How to follow
Follow Dinamo Zagreb vs West Ham with our dedicated live blog across Sky Sports’ digital platforms.
- Dinamo Zagreb and West Ham United have never before faced in European competition. Zagreb have faced English opponents on 17 previous occasions in Europe (including qualifiers) and lost 11 of those matches (W3 D3), even though they beat Tottenham 3-0 in their recent match against English opposition in last season’s Europa League.
- West Ham have only met one Croatian opponent before and won 6-1 overall against NK Osijek in the first round of the UEFA Cup in September 1999.
- Dinamo Zagreb are unbeaten in their last 13 UEFA Europa League group stage matches (W9 D4), winning their last four in a row and conceding only once in their last eight such matches.
- West Ham have not participated in major UEFA European competitions (excluding qualifiers) since the UEFA Cup 2006-07 (lost 4-0 overall to Palermo in the first round) and have not won any of their last four such matches, all in UEFA Cup between 1999 and 2006, without scoring in all four. The last side they scored against was Croatian opponents NK Osijek, who won 3-1 with goals from Paul Kitson, Neil Ruddock and Marc-Vivien Foe in 1999.
- West Ham manager David Moyes has not competed in European competition since 2013-14 as Manchester United manager, leading them to the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals before losing to Bayern Munich. In the UEFA Europa League, his last match came in February 2010 with Everton losing 3-0 to Sporting Lisbon in the last 32 second matches, going 4-2 overall.
When are the Europa League group stage matches?
Match day 1: September 16, 2021
Match day 2: September 30, 2021
Match day 3: October 21, 2021
Match day 4: November 4, 2021
Match day 5: November 25, 2021
Match day 6: December 9, 2021
All major Europa League dates
16-part round: March 10 and 17, 2022
Quarterfinals: April 7 and 14, 2022
Semifinals: April 28 & May 5, 2022
Final: May 18, 2022 (Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium, Sevilla)