Massive bombing in Yemen’s Aden leads to deaths, but governor targets survivors – reports – RT World News

Author: | Posted in World News No comments

A huge explosion shook the port of the Red Sea in Aden, Yemen on Sunday, with local media saying that a car bomb had been aimed at a convoy of officials traveling across the city.

Pictures from Aden uploaded to social media have captured what appears to be black smoke coming from the scene of the attack.

A vehicle equipped with explosives was aimed at the convoy of Aden’s governor, Ahmed Lamlas, who survived the blast, according to sources in local media.

Unnamed officials who spoke to the AFP news agency said four people had been killed in the blast and eyewitnesses told Reuters they had seen at least two charred bodies at the scene.

The main southern port of Aden became the seat of the internationally recognized Yemeni government after most of the country, including the capital Sanaa, fell into the hands of the 2014 Houthi rebels.

Southern Yemen has recently been paralyzed by the struggle for power between the government of exiled President Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi and the Southern Transitional Council (STC).




Also on rt.com
For Riyadh, the price in Yemen is oil – for Houthis, the price is Yemen



The former allies of the Saudi-led coalition against the Houthis have failed, and all attempts by Riyadh to end the standoff so far have failed.

There were clashes and shootings in Aden on Saturday, where armored vehicles were seen deployed in the city and at least four deaths were reported.

Do you think your friends would be interested? Share this story!

Add Your Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *