Between 2016 and 2020, the hotel was the place to be GOP legislators, Company manager along with Business before DOJ, Reps by foreign governments, and everyone looking to kiss the ring knew their money would go a long way. “Why would not I stay in his hotel blocks out of the White House, so I say to the new president, ‘I love your new hotel!’ Isn’t it rude to come to his town and say, ‘I’m staying with your competitor?’ ‘An Asian diplomat said The Washington Post in 2016.
In February de Washingtonian reported that the servers in the hotel restaurant were required to follow a strict seven-step protocol to serve Trump’s diet cola; that the size of his dining companion’s steak must be smaller than his; that mini-glass bottles Heinz Ketchup „before [him], take care to make sure he can hear the seal making the ‘pop’ sound “; and that” a tray of junk food must be available for every Trump visit: Lay’s potato chips (especially sour cream and onion), Milky Way, Snickers, Nature Valley Granola Bars, Tic Tacs, Gummy Bears, Chips Ahoy, Oreos, Nut Butters, Tootsie Rolls, Chocolate-Covered Raisins, and Pop-Secret.
Last month, the House oversaw the commission found that despite all the built-in business, the hotel lost over $ 73 million while Trump was in office.
Beto O’Rourke challenge Abbott to challenge Texas governor next year (Bloomberg)
Republicans won Heavy House Edge in 2022 as Gerrymandered Maps Emerge (The Washington Post)
Pfizer fights to keep its $ 36 billion COVID recipe a secret (Bloomberg)
A new open note reveals Trump’s conspiracy to make the military and his personal goon cadre (The Washington Post)
Hospital recalls Houston doctor’s privileges for “spreading dangerous false information” via COVID on Twitter (The Washington Post)
“He’s wet and he has a vendetta”: Cuomo will not leave New York alone (Politics)
Is a 4-day workweek the answer to employee burnout? Most American workers say yes (CNBC)
Elon Musk Traces Bernie Sanders, Proposes that he sell more Tesla shares (Bloomberg)
An online dating service targeting Harvard students has recently been revealed to be a balanced prank in the minds of an MIT student. (Boston Globe)
Paris launches last-ditch attempt to halt construction of € 700 million “giant piece of brie” skyscrapers (Telegraph)
Bigger Stories From Vanity Fair
– In Major Shift, NIH will close funding Risk virus research to Wuhan
– Matt Gaetz is reported Six Ways From Sunday
– Joe Biden confirmed Trump’s Has-Been Status About January 6 documents
– The Metaverse Is changing everything
– The Weirdness of Wayne LaPierre, the NRA’s Reluctant Leader
– The January 6. Committee Finally got to play the Trump ally
– Jeffrey Epstein’s billionaire friend Leon Black is under investigation
– Facebook’s Reckoning With Reality-To get into the metaverse-size problems
– From the archive: Robert Durst, the Fugitive Heir
– Not a subscriber? Join in Vanity Fair to now have full access to VF.com and the complete online archive.