Home Global News The first heartbreaking words of a 5-year-old boy, who survived only the...

The first heartbreaking words of a 5-year-old boy, who survived only the tragedy of the Italian cable car – World News

70
0

“Where are the mother and father?” Asked a five-year-old boy who survived a cable car accident that killed his baby’s parents and brother. When he first got away from the hospital.

Ethan Biran, from Israel, was the only survivor of the Alpine disaster in which 14 people lost their lives.

Among them were his mother Tal, 26, his father Amit, 30, his younger brother Tom, 2, and his grandparents, Yitzhak Cohen, 81, and Barbara Koninsky, 71.

Ethan has been in intensive care for most of the week since the accident, but is now breathing independently, although Italian media say he still has difficulty speaking.

It is not clear if she was told the devastating news that her parents, brother and grandparents died, but whether her aunt has been at Regine Margherita Children’s Hospital since she was 41 years old.

Before he woke up and why he was there, he told her he had a sore throat.



The young boy woke up and proposed to his parents, his aunt was by the bed

“Sometimes Ethan asks about his parents, but whatever it is, his aunt is always with him,” hospital director Giovanni La Valle told the German newspaper BILD.

Last week when the cable crashed, Ethan suffered a concussion in the abdomen and chest with a broken limb and is still in critical condition.

Her psychologist, Marina Bertolotti, said it was important to be careful at this early stage.

“We do not ask, but we must be able to answer his questions,” he explained. “To find the right answers, we have to work with his family. If he screams, you have to intervene. But otherwise, we have to see what his psychological damage is first.”



Rescue teams discovered the bodies inside and outside the cable car
Rescue teams discovered the bodies inside and outside the cable car



The incident was called 9/11 in the city itself
The incident was called 9/11 in the city itself

The bodies of his mother, father, younger brother and grandparents were lined up at Milan Malpensa Airport before returning to Israel.

They were buried in Avil the next day, while Ethan’s grandparents stayed with him in the hospital.

During the treatment of this teenager, several charitable gifts were sent to him, including the fire safety helmet of one of the rescuers in the place named after him.

The three families also contacted the mayor of Estreza, Marcella Sourino, who visited him earlier in the week and labeled his city fall on 9/11.



Scenes from the wreckage of the plane after the discovery of the bodies
Scenes from the wreckage of the plane after the discovery of the bodies

“This is 9/11 for Estreza,” the mayor said Wednesday evening as a message from the pope was conveyed to him by a local priest during the sacrificial rites.

Gianluca Villa’s father told the congregation that the Holy Father was thinking with the firefighters, nurses and carabinieri who stormed Mount Motarone, with the emotions of many tragically broken lives … and praying for Sacrifices and sends for little Ethan. Alps after the fall of the cable car



This photo of Ethan in the cable car is believed to be the last one he took before the accident.
This photo of Ethan in the cable car is believed to be the last one he took before the accident.

A total of 14 people were killed Sunday when a cable car carrying passengers from the resort town of Estreza up Mount Motarone in the Piedmont region of northern Italy crashed.

Rescuers found five bodies still inside the car and the rest were all outside.

In addition to Ethan’s relatives, 29-year-old Alessandro Merkel and his fiancée Sylvia Malnati, 27, were among those killed. Angelo Vito Gasparo, 45, and Roberta Pistolato, wife; Vittorio Zorloni, his fiancée Elizabeth Persanini, 38, and Matthias’ five-year-old son; And the lovers of 27-year-old Serena Kozentino and 23-year-old Mohammad Reza Shahaisavandi.

At first, two surviving children were taken to a hospital in Turin, but later died while Ethan survived another child, Matthias.

The first funeral of some of the victims took place on Thursday in Italy and Israel.

Local reports suggest that the cable may have collapsed about 300 meters from the top of the mountain, fallen to about 20 meters, then rolled down the slope before being stopped by trees.

Luigi Nerini, 56, chairman of Ferrovie del Mottarone, a cable car management company, was arrested on Wednesday along with two colleagues, Gabriel Tadini and Enrico Procio.



Some funerals for the dead have already been performed
Some funerals for the dead have already been performed

They are accused of disabling the braking system, which could prevent a catastrophe and could lead to 30 years in prison.

According to BILD, Nerini is awaiting an indictment in a cell at Verbania Prison but may face up to 14 illegal murders that could land him in prison for 30 years.

“It’s all my fault,” Tadini, a technician, told the judiciary on Thursday. Republic Reported, and explained that he had deliberately tampered with the brakes to prevent delays after mal mal performance.

However, researchers say the deactivation of the brakes – which could have prevented the car from flying backwards when the cable was cut – was confirmed by his senior colleagues Nerini and Prokio.



Crowds gather as Father's Gianluca Villa's father holds a memorial service for the dead
People gather as Father’s Gianluca Villa’s priest holds a memorial service for those who have died

Investigators claim that the two managers were “repeatedly informed and both Procio and Nerini confirmed this choice.”

“It was a conscious choice, quite a conscious one. That’s it,” Olympia Bossi told reporters.

“It was not an occasional omission or forgetfulness. It was a conscious decision to disarm … disabling this emergency system, to fix the problems we have been told, the technical problems that are on the line.”

Alberto Ciconani, a local Carabinieri police official, told Radio Radio that although a maintenance team had been reported to fix the technical problems by May 3, they had not yet been resolved.

“To avoid further service disruptions, they preferred to get out of the ‘fork’, which prevents emergency braking,” Cicognani added.

Bossi said the fork had been inserted several times, indicating that the cable car had been unsafe for some time.

.

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. The facts and opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of knews.uk and knews.uk does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.

For latest entertainment news| health news| political news| sports news| travel news| Covid-19 news| Tech news| Digital Marketing| Lyrics

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.