Here is our list Doing things in Sohton Cove, Bukas Grande, Sokoro, Suriaga del Norte, Philippines!
Sohoton Cove is a great place to spend a day in Surigo del Norte, with fresh water, jellyfish temples, beautiful caves and beautiful scenery. It is located on the border with Sokoro, another town on the island of Sorigao on Buka Grande Island. This special place will make you love nature.
It is not Sohoton Cove National Park in Surigo, it is actually in Summer, but it shares the same name as Sohoton Caves and Natural Bridge Park. If you go to Siargao, don’t forget to stay here for a day and a half.
Things to do to make Sohoton Cove
1. Look at the caves
Explore the caves and learn their story as you travel to Sohoton Cove. There is a cave you want to dive in and it will light up for you. Some, you need to get out, then jump! It will be an unforgettable experience!
2. See Jellyfish
Go to Jellyfish St. or Tojaman Lagon to see or swim with these beloved creatures. They are Jelly (Mastigias Papua) seen and useless. However, it is best not to take them out of the water as they are fragile and may die.
Grab your baptismal font and swimsuit and discover the beauty of the underwater world in Sohoton Cove. It is also useful if you have an underwater camera to take multiple shots. The experience is worth it!
Here are the fees you can pay when you visit the site.
Admission fee PHP 25 (PHP 100 for foreigners)
License PHP 50 (PHP 100 for foreigners)
Local fee: PHP 25 (PHP 50 for foreigners)
Boat rentals – PHP 1,500 – 4,000 depending on destination
Package tours: PHP 800 – 2,000
This is often combined with the island of Hopung to the Daku, Naked and Guam Islands.
How to travel to Sohoton Cove
Through Claver, Surigao del Norte
- There are flights to Murila and Cebu Airport in Surigoo Airport
- If you have a ground trip above then you can use this option
- Go to the port of Hyacinth, Claver
- Then you can go by boat to Sohoton Cove
By boat from the city of Surigo
- You can also go to Surigao Pear or Pantalan and go to Sokoro
- 3 hours is an estimated travel time
- You can get a trip from Socorro to Sohoton Cove
- Flights to Manila, Cebu, Clark and Davao are in the air
- You can go to General Luna in Siarga and rent a boat for Sohoton Kov
- You can also go to Sokoto where you can go to Dapa to Sohton Kov
Travel Tips to Sohoton Cove
- Use waterproof bags to keep your things wet
- The jellyfish season is said to be from February to June
- If you are a group when you go to visit the places, your group is cheaper
- Please do not throw away the garbage in the sea as sea creatures can eat it
- Safety gear – life robberies and helmets
- You can bring food along the way, but be responsible and leave no trace
- Packaged foods are also available
Sohoton Cove Travel
6 a.m. – Go to the meeting place
7pm – Start a tour of the Buccaneer Grande
9 a.m. – Makukub Cave / Hagukkan Cave
10 a.m. – Cliff throw
11 a.m. – Jellyfish Temple
12:00 PM – Lunch
1:00 PM – Daku Island
2:30 pm – Guam Island
4pm – Naked Island
5:30 pm – Return to Mainland
Sohoton Cove is a must see. Nature lovers there will definitely love this beautiful site. I hope you have time to visit here while you are in Surigo or Siarga. Let this travel guide help you in your future adventures. good luck!
About the author
, F I am Lisa! I was once thinking of going to places one day, but I decided to pursue my dream. My first trip abroad was in Japan, alone, last 2018, and I fell in love with the trip after that. Before visiting 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines each year, visit 10 countries. In addition to travel, I like to organize trips, take photographs, read and make new friends. Follow my adventures on my side Instagram.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!